Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Never do stupid mistakes

I got into the habbit of running - inspiration comes from legend. But I started it to stay in shape. But soon I found that I am enjoying it and with every passing day - I pushed myself to see my limit. And with every passing day, I knew I did better.

I did not follow any training rules. I just ran to enjoy it. Slowly my 2 miles progressed to 3... 5... 7... 10... Well I did 2 times 10 miles run and you bet - it felt good. Well my plan was to run a half marathon - I wanted to train for the Flying Pig but destiny had something else for me planned [as usual].

Philadelphia was the place and a friend of mine opted out from running her 4th marathon so I thought I can run a half. Stupid - oh yes it was a Stupid thing I planned to do - especially without a proper training. But its me - always upto something.

I completed my first half marathon [without training] in 2 hrs 19 mins. Decent enough. But apart from the dazzling medal, I got another award - swollen feet. And 10 days of NO workout. Feels depressing. Somehow running has become a part of my life. So involved that even the thought of days without running gives me nightmare.

I have learnt my lesson. Painful lesson. But that wont stop me from running. I will run MY first Half Marathon and definitely with full training.

Lesson I learnt - Listen to your coach. They are experienced people and not jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment