Sunday, December 13, 2009

Confused Mushroom

I knew I wanted to cook mushroom tonight for dinner. But I was out of ideas what should I cook. I gave up searching internet since I wanted to cook something new.

I tried this fusion of Thai and Chinese cuisine. I will call it 'Confused Mushroom'.

Take some whole mushroom [white] and cut it in 4. I prefer to discard the stem.
1 chopped red onion,
1/2 cup chopped green pepper,
2 chopped chillies,
2 cloves grated garlic
1/2 cup peas
handful Chopped Broccoli
1 Chopped tomato
1/2 tsp tamarind paste
salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp soy sause
1/2 tsp oyster sauce.

Heat up some oil. Add chillies, onion, green pepper, tomatoes. Stir fry them till you get to smell the smoky flavor. Add broccoli, and stir for some more time. Add the mushroom and all the wet ingredients. Make sure the oven heat is on medium. Cover cook it for 20 mins. Sprinkle some chopped green onion on top. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment