Thursday, June 24, 2010

Messes Cheesecake

My hubby is the best in this world. The only thing he demanded on our 2nd marriage Anniversary was a home baked cheesecake. I was so delighted...

It suddenly clicked on my mind that I read a recipe of 'healthy cheesecake' that a friend of mine posted on her face-book. Supposedly very low calorie cheesecake, the best part was was - without baking. I did a super search on her 'wall' so dig up the recipe. Walla - after 45 min of research and development, I got my trophy. I quickly scribbled all the ingredients.

Next day, I gave him my innovative version low calorie cheesecake. I know - not a good idea. It was super sweet and didn't even taste like cheesecake. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... But it was so nice of him that he actually finished it. I promised myself - I will make it up for him.

With new motivation, I went to the departmental store to pickup ingredients for cheesecake. Standing in front of countless varieties, I thought to myself... 1 8oz of full fat cheesecake is 130 calorie; 1/3 rd fat is 100 calorie and 60 cal fat; fat free is just 30 calorie with 0 fat. You bet - I opted for Fat Free version. I was so happy that I can actually have a big size of cheesecake myself. A full fat cheesecake is over approx 300 calorie.

I followed my recipe and after 50 minutes of baking, I was convinced about one thing - don't compromise on calories unless you seriously want to mess up :( This version of cheesecake smelled of eggs and was absolutely sweet less [Thanks to me - I just added 1/4 of what the recipe demanded] .

Lesson Learned :-
1. Follow the recipe as it says.
2. Sometimes, adding up a little 'extra' calorie is no big deal - specially if you know you can burn it off in no time....
3. Warning: don't be so paranoid.... try to enjoy life

I love you sona..... Happy anniversary - I will make it up, this time no 'healthy' version but the authentic one....

No comments:

Post a Comment